The Ladies Championship Cup


It was presented to the club by Mrs. John D. Hay, who was the first President of the Ladies Executive from 1903 to 1906. Her name does not appear on the cup as a winner.

Lambton’s founding father, Albert Austin, was aware that female golfers represented a significant segment of Toronto’s golfing community. He planned for Lambton’s nine-hole course and made it clear in the circular promoting the new club in 1902, that this short course would be set aside for their exclusive use. By 1908, there were 150 women in the club out of a membership of about 500.

The first woman to have her name etched on the trophy was Miss M. Dick in 1904, followed by Mrs. J Dick in 1905. Members who have won the cup at least five times include Mrs. A. M. Ridout, Jane Kirkpatrick, Louise Robitaille, and Terry McLeod.